We can all agree that going to a public notary or lawyer to sign legal documents can be a daunting task. First, you have to find the appropriate person. Then, considering the travel expense and time spent waiting, the process becomes frustrating.
Is there an alternative?
Finally, you will be able to order copyright registrations, business formation documents, living trusts, wills, trademark applications and many more legal documents with a few clicks from the comfort of your home.
What Is LegalZoom?
LegalZoom is an online legal technology website and company that provides a wide array of legal documents that can be ordered online without hiring a lawyer. It is a revolutionary perspective that allows people to get relevant documents in a matter of minutes.
Everything started back in 2001 by Brian S. Lee, Brian P. Y. Liu, Robert Shapiro, and Edward R. Harman. At first, it was just an enthusiastic idea. However, it improved to the point where LegalZoom became a prominent startup that changed the legal perspective and offered new possibilities.
LegalZoom became a great asset for people who need the legal documents promptly. That is why we decided to present you how LegalZoom affected the overall legal practice.
How LegalZoom Changed the Legal Practice?
When we compare LegalZoom with physical, legal services, the main reason for its popularity is the convenience of ordering documents along with lower prices than the services of traditional lawyers. It became the leading choice among middle-class people because of the quick service and client satisfaction.
The main idea of LegalZoom’s founders was to create a platform where people could finish everything online. People were not limited by location or place of residence. These factors contributed to its immense popularity.
LegalZoom received numerous accolades over the years for entrepreneurial brilliance. It was named as the 27th most valuable startup in 2011 according to Business Insider. In 2012, Fast Company ranked LegalZoom as 26th in its lineup of the most innovative companies.
What Types of Services Can You Find on LegalZoom?
LegalZoom divided their services into two essential categories: business and personal services. Within the groups, you will be able to find everything you need. The following is a guide to the services and their subcategories.
Whether you need the document that verifies the forming of your new business, naming your company or other legal forms such as taxes and real estate, you will be able to finish everything you need on one website.
- Forming and Naming Your Business – This is the first and one of the most important subcategories that you can find in the business services of LegalZoom. You can quickly form a nonprofit or profitable business in 15 minutes using this website. Everything is easy and straightforward. When compared with other forms of legal services such as lawyers and public notaries, it is much less expensive and convenient.
- Legal Forms and Agreements – When it comes to agreements and legal forms, you can find everything you need such as business plan disclosures general arrangements, employment agreements and many more. If you need a document promptly, LegalZoom speeds up the process. You will be able to finish everything online. Isn't that amazing?
NOTE: We have mentioned only four most essential business services that you can find on LegalZoom. However, you can also complete Corporate Filings and Chargings, Business Compliance agreements and documents as well as additional resources that could help you along the way.
LegalZoom is an excellent solution for individuals needing specific legal documents. It does not matter if you want to get a new job or require real estate services, you can finish everything in a matter of a few clicks.
- Personal Services – Personal service documents allow you to file for bankruptcy, divorce, a green card, personal injury and much more without searching for an attorney. This is a convenient way to prepare everything you need as soon as possible.
- Wills and Trusts – This is an essential service for individuals that want to verify their wills and trusts. The starting price is lower than traditional lawyer services which is one reason this particular category is one of the most popular.
Why Choose LegalZoom?
You are probably wondering: Is there more to it than reducing the hassle of going to the attorney? You can be sure, there is. This particular legal service is user-friendly and allows you to finish everything you need in a matter of minutes.
According to previous users, the speed and efficiency of the service are outstanding and is the reason they return to LegalZoom for other documents. There are numerous advantages apart from the idea that you will be able to finish everything from the comfort of your home.
Perhaps the following advantages and disadvantages will prove to you that you should consider LegalZoom for all your legal service needs.
- Since 2001, they helped 3.6 million customers
- The monthly subscription includes one free copyright registration
- Budget-friendly services start at $31 for business customers
- Customer service is available by phone or mail
- Legal services are backed by a 60-day money-back guarantee. This is a great benefit when compared to other online legal services
- Analyzing long documents with an attorney can be expensive
Overall, LegalZoom is an excellent choice for people who want to reduce the hassle of going to a traditional lawyer. They can enjoy the convenience of ordering legal documents online. This service is great for businesses and individuals. People choose LegalZoom as their primary alternative to physical, legal services.
Attorney analysis is expensive, but you will not find any other legal documents below this price range, and you can be confident that you have excellent legal documents within just a few minutes.